Poringland Primary School and Nursery
Tel : 01508 492530
Email: [email protected]
- 37 hours per week
- Term time plus 4 weeks to be arranged
- Salary: Scale E Point 10 £11.05 per hour (£21,322 FTE)
- Start date: 1st November 2021 or sooner if possible
Poringland Primary School and Nursery would like to appoint a new Site Manager due to the relocation of the current Site Manager. This is an exciting opportunity to manage our school site, to ensure the health and safety of our staff and pupils, and to ensure that the premises is well managed and organised.
As the hours are split, the role may suit someone who lives in close proximity to the school.
The daily routine will be discussed at interview.
The successful candidate will:
- Manage the site on a daily basis and during some of the school holiday period.
- Ensure that the interior of the school is kept to a high standard.
- Ensure the external areas of the school premises, such as the field and outside play areas, are well maintained and safe.
- Organise external work to be carried out on the school site as and when is needed.
- Ensure that all the rooms are well resourced with whatever is needed to keep staff and children healthy and safe.
- Ensure that the Health and Safety documents are kept up to date.
- Be a fantastic team player, and liaise closely with members of the teaching and support staff, including our cleaning and catering teams.
In return, we can offer:
- A friendly school community committed to the vision, ‘happy, active, inspired, healthy learners’;
- Pupils who are highly motivated and exceptionally well behaved;
- A friendly and experienced staff.
- A calm, purposeful working environment, in which to develop professionally.
If you require further information or would like an informal conversation about the role, then please contact the Headteacher, Peter Dean ([email protected]).
How to apply
A job specification is available in “Attachments” and you can download an application form by selecting the orange “Apply for job” button and entering your details.
Completed applications should be returned to the school.
Closing date: Friday 24th September 2021
Interview date: Thursday 30th September 2021
Poringland Primary and Nursery School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This includes obtaining references and ensuring compliance with the DBS process.
This post will come under the requirements of the Childcare (Disqualification) 2009 regulations and the successful applicant will be required to complete a declaration form to establish whether they are disqualified under these regulations.