Alpington & Bergh Apton Church of England VA Primary School
Tel: 01508 492700
Email: [email protected]
Age Range: 4-11
- Salary – Range L8-L15
- Full Time
- Required for start of Spring Term, January 2020
Our Headteacher is retiring at Christmas and the Governors are now seeking to appoint someone to lead the school forward whilst maintaining our Ofsted “Outstanding” status and continuing to advocate our core belief to “let every light shine”.
Alpington and Bergh Apton Church of England Voluntary Aided Primary School is a popular, inclusive, village school which takes pupils from the two villages and surrounding area.
We are looking for an inspirational leader with a proven record of outstanding teaching who will embrace the Christian ethos of our school and who will nurture our children’s potential enabling them to reach their goals and ambitions.
Our ideal candidate will:
- be able to embrace and continue to embed the Christian ethos evident throughout our school
- have the expertise and understanding of the uniqueness of every child and the impact of this on their progress
- be adept at challenging, inspiring, coaching and mentoring staff
- be committed to working with all stakeholders and the community
- be able to work in partnership with the governing body to take the school forward
- be proactive in seeking advice when appropriate and open to support when offered
- have a flair for leadership and the strength to lead the school successfully through the day to day challenges and educational change
The Governing Body will provide solid ongoing support and the successful candidate will need to demonstrate a strong commitment to working closely with the governors providing high quality leadership and the best possible education for the children.
In return we offer:
- a popular and oversubscribed school
- a strong, committed and supportive staff team who take pride in their work and are ready to move forward
- well-motivated children who are willing to learn
- children, staff and parents with a good understanding of acceptable behaviour
- a supportive, stable and experienced governing body
- an active and successful “Friends” Association with an excellent fund-raising record
- a strong Christian ethos with excellent links, support and involvement from the local Rector
- strong links with the Diocese of Norwich
- an openness to continue and develop supportive relationships with like-minded schools
- “Outstanding” Ofsted – July 2015
- “Good” SIAMS – November 2014
- an attractive, well maintained and stimulating working environment which is conducive to calm, purposeful learning and motivates and engages all children
- school facilities that have recently had significant investment
We would encourage interested candidates to visit the school on an informal basis to appreciate the school and its potential. To arrange a visit (up to 24 July 2019), please contact our School Administrator, Mrs Karen Reeman, tel. 01508 492700 or Email – [email protected]
All candidates will need to be able to communicate effectively in English, both orally and in writing, in order to undertake the requirements of the role.
How to apply:
A Recruitment Pack is available to download from “Attachments”.
To access the online application form, please select the orange “Apply for job” button and enter your details.
You will be able to save your partially completed form and complete later following the link you will be emailed.
You must “Submit” your fully completed application by the closing date.
Closing date: 4 September 2019, 12noon
Shortlisting date: 9 September 2019
Interview dates: 23 & 24 September 2019
Alpington & Bergh Apton CE VA Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting
the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this
commitment. You will be subject to an enhanced DBS check and pre-employment checks,
including providing evidence of your right to work, evidence of your “Qualified Teacher
Status” and satisfactory references.
We are committed to safer recruitment practices and to safeguarding and promoting the
welfare of all children. This post comes under the requirements of the Childcare
(Disqualification) Regulations 2009. The successful applicant will be subject to an enhanced
Criminal Records check and be required to complete a declaration form to establish whether
they are disqualified under these regulations.