The Yare Education Trust
Our ambition and our culture ….
Our aim is for The Yare Education Trust to be an exemplary provider of inclusive education, rich in aspirational values, committed to meeting the needs of our people and providing an outstanding education to children, so that all can strive to achieve the best possible opportunities in life. We will make sure that our schools can do things better together, than alone.
The Trust is founded on the four principles of:
- Shared accountability
- Collaborative practice
- Aligned and Earned autonomy
To achieve our aim our schools will:
- Offer an inspirational, ambitious and broad curriculum that is rich in knowledge, skills and experience, promotes excellence for all children and young people and enables them to develop an understanding of their own personal identity, their roles and responsibilities in the world, in a safe and sustainable environment
- Engage effectively with the wider community to broaden horizons and provide high quality learning experiences, both in and out of school, that help children develop a love of learning new things
- Promote an inclusive learning culture that values and respects all people equally, where diversity is seen as a rich source of learning and all demonstrate tolerance and mutual respect
- Provide stimulating learning environments, where positive learning behaviours are the norm and all young people are safe, challenged in their thinking and encouraged to explore, create, dream and discover their world in order to open up their career and life choices
- Build an attractive talent management programme to recruit, retain and develop staff through clear career progression opportunities
Our aim is to support and challenge schools to become even better than they have ever been. We recognise the importance of ownership in inspiring schools to achieve beyond their previous best, alongside the strategic oversight and accountability inherent in our Trust’s structures.
Not all schools are the same and the Yare Education Trust embraces a philosophy which recognises and encourages schools to develop their own uniqueness within a supportive collaboration of like-minded professionals. Our approach is based on the principle of earned autonomy for Local Governing Boards, who we believe are best placed to know what their children need. Schools themselves are the best body to take decisions and control the education of the students/pupils in their care. They best understand the unique challenges and opportunities facing the children and young people they are working with, and the talents of their staff. This local community knowledge will then be supported within the wider Trust networks of expertise for the benefit of the children.